Do you have a time goal you're hoping to smash? Or maybe you've set your sights on a specific distance or event you'd like to run. Perhaps you just want to feel amazing running up and over hills, or around your favourite loop.
Run Strong is for you!
I designed the Run Strong Program to help runners build upon their running foundation and feel confident and powerful running.
Running is a beautifully simple sport - and there are also many layers of complexity. In Run Strong I've taken the exercise science and functional training and distilled it down into tried and tested programs that will enable you to reach your running goals. I've curated the content you really need to know about nutrition, injury prevention, cross-training and mindset so you can get the most out of every run.
Run Strong Plans for the following distances: 5k, 8k, 10k, 1/2 and Marathon
Video and text based lessons on everything from the science of running and injury prevention to nutrition for distance running and mindset! (scroll down to see the entire curriculum).
Follow along strength training, foam rolling and flexibility videos to help you build functional strength and flexibility to keep you injury free and running strong!
- Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire & Waiver
- Intro Video
- 5k/8k/10k Training Handout
- Half Marathon Training Handout
- Marathon Training Handout
- The Science of Running Strong
- Preparation is everything!
- Footwear 101 (happy feet = happy runner)
- Gear 101 (What you actually need)
- Sports Bra's 101 (Women Only, sorry guys!)
- Running Form 101
- Running Form 201
- Dynamic Stretching for Runners
- Hill Form 101
- Running Cadence Drills to Increase Speed
- Running TMI
- Why Stretch?
- Head to Toe Stretch (follow along video)
- Stretching Handout
- Yoga for a Happy Body (follow along video)
- Why Foam Roll?
- Foam Rolling FYI
- Foam Rolling for Recovery (follow along video)
- Why Strength Train?
- Resistance Band Workout (instructional video)
- Resistance Band Workout HANDOUT
- Dynamic Strength Circuit (follow along video)
- Dynamic Strength Circuit HANDOUT
- Dynamic Balance + Stability (follow along/ instructional video)
- Fuelling Your Run
- Fuelling Your Run HANDOUT
- Fuelling for the Long Run
- Self-Talk 101
- Build a Motivational Mantra
- Build Your Mantra HANDOUT
- My Top 5 Tips to Prevent Injuries
- Common Running Injuries
- How to Deal with Injury (without losing your mind)
- Race Day Run Down (what you really need to know!)
- Race Day RunDown Reminders!
- ONLY watch this the day before an event!
- You Completed Your Event, Now What?
- Recovery from Running Races
- Run Inspired!
What are the pre-requisites to start this program?
Awesome question! The running and cross-training workouts within this program are designed for someone who has a solid base of regular running. Ideally you run 2-3x per week for 30-40 minutes or more. This is all about having the foundation of running specific strength and endurance. If you're not quite there, consider the Run for Fitness Program or feel free to purchase this course, but give yourself 2-3 months at least of consistent runs prior to commencing the programs as listed. I promise I have you and your body's best interests at heart!
I'm a runner but consistently struggle with injury, is this a good program for me?
Oh man! Injuries are the worst. I've had a few in my 20 years as a runner - and I get it. Here's the thing. Layering on intensity or mileage when you're already injured is not ideal. Unfortunately this isn't a running rehab program (stay tuned for that course coming soon!). If you're struggling with injury, please feel free to reach out to me directly and I may be able to steer you in the right direction to help you reach your goals and keep your body happy! Email me at email@example.com
I don't have any races I want to do, I just want to work on my pace and stamina. Will this program work for me?
YES! And can I just say how much I love that you're running just for the love of running?! Awesome! This plan will absolutely help you build pace and stamina and help your runs be even more awesome. Rock on!
Hi! I'm Gillian.
I'm a health + fitness coach with over 20 years experience. I'm a wacky combination of body science nerd, passionate educator and body positive champion.
I've got a degree in Kinesiology (total body science nerd), and am a Registered Personal Trainer, Group Fitness and Yoga Instructor. I'm also TRX certified, and hold my Pre/Post-Natal Certification. I love learning and am always looking for new tools to add to my toolkit!
Growing up I hated running. I got yelled at by my PE teacher for walking on block runs and faked sick on track days. Yup, no joke! I was not an athlete growing up.
I fell in love with running when I was introduced to it by friends at 19. Instead of viewing running as a "workout" or something I "had to do" I began to view it as something I "got to do" and it was game-changing!
Since then I've completed more 5k's and 10k's than I can count, over 20 Half Marathons, many Triathlons (including Ironman Canada), Adventure Races and more.
I legit have a passion for running and the geeky science of running strong and can't wait to share it with you!